Saturday, August 9, 2008

Poets, Poetry, and Bob.

Howdy Gang,

I've been thinking today about Poetry, which I absolutely love, but everytime I mention to somebody, they seen to file me away as some kind of "weirdo"

So here's my challenge, anybody got another word for "poem" ...and I've already tried "verse," nobody knows what I'm talking about.

So here's my annoyance written in the cause of my annoyance for those with as warped a sense of humor:

-
Bob


"Poem" is an ugly word,
though not its meaning by any accord,

It tumbles so clumsily from the tongue,
too corny, too crude to adore.

And "poet," corrupted by stereotype,
has me loath to share my craft,

"Why, look at that weird "poet" kid,"
the fear that my peers will laugh.

I strive to find another word,
to descibe a paragraph in verse,

But not a single syllable I've heard,
that can prove my search of worth.

I can't say I don't like "poems,"
i've written my share, 'tis true

But I'm no "poet" clad in black,
no stereotype, thankyou.

How is it such freedom named ugly?
this plight how its made my head throb,

That's it! I'm sick of this stupid quest!
i'll name my poems Bob!



© Leah Petts. 9th August ‘08
-
-

Okay, so not that funny.
But I'm bored of Poems, so my question is,
does anybody like my Bob?

Cheers,
Leah Mae.

6 comments:

Chuck Martin said...

Poem = Sonnet - Ode...

to-da-loo

Chuck

Leah-Mae said...

Ta Chuck,
...buti like Bob all the same!

Cheers, L

Chuck Martin said...

Leah-Mae,

No comprenda... What is Bob? Is that Aussie for poem? Explain please...

Chuck

Leah-Mae said...

Chuck,
Bob is a name that I think is silly, and shall therefore use for silly purposes.

Cheers! L

Chuck Martin said...

Leah Mae,

OH...Kay, Isn't that the name of someone in a swimming pool?

Keep writing Leah Mae you got the skills.

Chuck

Leah-Mae said...

Chuck,
Tee Hee... now i get it!

Ta, L